TouroCOM Match List 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats an awesome match list, re-posted it on the Touro c/o 2019 thread as well. Very excited about this school

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate when they don't label what is ACGME and what is AOA.

Reactions: 1 users
Obviously you can have both DO and MD programs at 1 hospital but wyckoff, St. John's, wyandotte, palisades, Larkin, integris, and st Vincent are hospitals that stand out to me as primarily DO hospitals.

*disclaimer...I did not check every program on that list to see if it was ACGME or AOA. These are just the ones whose programs are primarily AOA in my experience.

Are my eyes deceiving me or did they only have one military person in their class?

Aside from the Derm, Rad Onc, Acgme ortho, what else is everyone all worked up about?

I didn't start this thread, obviously, but the incomplete list below alone gets me excited - in no order:

Stony Brook, St Lukes Roosevelt, U Texas Med Sch-Houston, Einstein/Jacobi Med Ctr-NY, Icahn SOM St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY, UC San Francisco-Fresno-CA, North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY, UTMB - Galveston, U Arizona Affil Hospitals, SUNY HSC Brooklyn, Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC, Maimonides Medical Center, New York University, UC Davis...

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't start this thread, obviously, but the incomplete list below alone gets me excited - in no order:

Stony Brook, St Lukes Roosevelt, U Texas Med Sch-Houston, Einstein/Jacobi Med Ctr-NY, Icahn SOM St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY, UC San Francisco-Fresno-CA, North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY, UTMB - Galveston, U Arizona Affil Hospitals, SUNY HSC Brooklyn, Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC, Maimonides Medical Center, New York University, UC Davis...
Low threshold for institutions without regard for specialty.

Reactions: 4 users
Not to burst anyone's bubble but honestly this is a pretty standard match list from a DO school. See match list 2015 thread in the 'Osteopathic' forum.

Reactions: 2 users
This is actually not impressive at all. The UCSF match is the only thing that is impressive.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is actually not impressive at all. The UCSF match is the only thing that is impressive.

There are a few impressive matches, but that is not one of them. UCSF-Fresno IM is filled almost entirely with DOs or IMGs/FMGs. No idea about the quality of the program or whatever, but it's typical (maybe even expected) for a DO to match there.

Means nothing without field's attached. That being said, this is a pretty standard list of institutions for DO.

ACGME Derm, RadOnc, and Ortho are impressive for a DO, but everything else is pretty standard.

Hello to all - I am clearly a noob and am also pre-med, so I misjudged and was working off name basis. Still a long way away before any of this becomes relevant for me, if it ever does,though. Thanks for the insight.

Hello to all - I am clearly a noob and am also pre-med, so I misjudged and was working off name basis. Still a long way away before any of this becomes relevant for me, if it ever does,though. Thanks for the insight.

I'll save you some time. Don't pick a school based on the match list.

Reactions: 3 users
Looking at IM matches...it's not door busting impressive but nonetheless very solid.

Icahn SOM St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY, Ohio State University Med Ctr, Stony Brook Teach Hospital, NYMC-Westchester Med Ctr-NY, North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY, Jersey Shore Univ Med Ctr-NJ, U Connecticut School of Medicine, Seton Hall University, Cooper University Hospital-NJ, Drexel Univ COM/Hahnemann Univ Hosp-PA, Advocate IL Masonic Med Ctr

AND..

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Torrance CA for Surgery? Is this real?? (I know it's not Ronald Reagan but matches at Harbor is still very competitive given its location and its association with UCLA)

Looking at IM matches...it's not door busting impressive but nonetheless very solid.

Icahn SOM St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY, Ohio State University Med Ctr, Stony Brook Teach Hospital, NYMC-Westchester Med Ctr-NY, North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY, Jersey Shore Univ Med Ctr-NJ, U Connecticut School of Medicine, Seton Hall University, Cooper University Hospital-NJ, Drexel Univ COM/Hahnemann Univ Hosp-PA, Advocate IL Masonic Med Ctr

AND..

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Torrance CA for Surgery? Is this real?? (I know it's not Ronald Reagan but matches at Harbor is still very competitive given its location and its association with UCLA)

I would say it's real. One of the Chief Residents is from KCU and they have a few DO in PGY slots as well.

Things are looking good post-merger for DOs. How did Touro-CA fare?

Last edited:
tumblr_nt31ffl8Qr1r21ngjo1_500.jpg

I agree, but when the person does well, it sets up a positive reputation for the school. PDs have a tendency to say "send me more like him/her" to our Clinical Deans.

Also keep in mind that reading match lists is an exercise akin to reading chicken guts. You need a resident or attending in the field to tell you if the program is really a good one. And agree with other posters that it would help to know if a program was AOA or ACGME.

It isn't the school. It is the person.

Reactions: 1 users