TouroCOM-Middletown vs LECOM Elmira

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which is the better school: TouroCOM-Middletown vs LECOM Elmira

• TouroCOM-Middletown

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • LECOM Elmira

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr.ToBeDetermined

Dr. TBD
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have fortunately been accepted to two medical schools so far. I have already submitted a deposit ($2,000) to Touro-Middletown, but need to mail (they literally require a paper check) the payment (another $2,000) to LECOM shortly if I want to go to this school.
Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into which school might be better. I am particularly interested in keeping my options open to still being able to match into a competitive specialty.

Below I put my current thoughts on the schools into a table. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Touro-MiddletownLECOM-Elmira
Pros:
Better location (closer to friends and family)More affiliated residency programs (see attachment vs Touro's affiliates) so maybe have advantage matching into competitive specialties (?)
Nicer campusCheaper (~20k/year)
Uses real cadavers (rather than 3d technology and videos, etc.)
I prefer their rotation sites
I like the flipped classroom style
Cons:
More expensive(~20k/year)Stiff rules (dress code, no water bottles in lecture halls, mandatory attendance, requiring paper checks rather than online payments, etc.)
Strange cult-like vibe from the campus

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I tried to post it to the Pre-DO forum, I am not sure how it ended up here.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• LECOM Affiliated Residency Programs (Updated 7-17-.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight into whether Touro or LECOM tend to have better match results (I have trouble interpreting these results, and I do realize LECOM hasn't posted any results for their first matching Elmira class yet), and how significant residency affiliations are?

Also does anyone have any idea if Touro or LECOM tend to offer better research opportunities?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any insight into whether Touro or LECOM tend to have better match results (I have trouble interpreting these results, and I do realize LECOM hasn't posted any results for their first matching Elmira class yet), and how significant residency affiliations are?

Also does anyone have any idea if Touro or LECOM tend to offer better research opportunities?

Did you ever get an answer on another thread?