TouroCOM NY vs RowanSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted436726

I recently received an II from RowanSOM and am deciding whether or not I want to pursue it. I've been fortunate to have already received an acceptance at TouroCOM in NYC, which I like due to its location (I'm a big city guy but not at all opposed to attending school in a more suburban locale.) However, Rowan obviously appears to be the better school (much nicer buildings/facilities, teaching hospital right next door, great residency opportunities in just about every specialty through their own programs), and if I still want to end up in NYC for residency it doesn't look like that will be a problem. I'm OOS so Rowan's tuition is about $10K more than Touro, but after factoring in the cost of living difference overall cost of attendance will be the same.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If living in NYC is really important to you, then of course choose Touro NY. But Rowan is a better school. You seem to recognize that and don't mind living in a suburban area, so why not go to the interview?

Also, Rowan is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia, so a big city isn't far away.

Personally, I loved Rowan when I was there on interview day, and I canceled almost all of my other interviews (including Touro NY) after getting accepted there.

If living in NYC is really important to you, then of course choose Touro NY. But Rowan is a better school. You seem to recognize that and don't mind living in a suburban area, so why not go to the interview?

Also, Rowan is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia, so a big city isn't far away.

Personally, I loved Rowan when I was there on interview day, and I canceled almost all of my other interviews (including Touro NY) after getting accepted there.

Ehh between touro and rowan it doesn't matter much. Rowan might have better rotations and what not but I say touro. Its in the city!

I would pick rowan. Touro might become the better school in 10 years or so, but right now Rowan offers a much better experience with rotations and the match.