TouroCOM or LECOM Masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TouroCOM or LECOM masters?

• Total voters
D

deleted955816

Hi everyone!
I needed some help decided between these two Masters programs that guarantee admission if you meet a certain GPA. If you know anything about the program or someone in it who has matriculated or even struggled please let me know!!!!

TouroCOM NY (Middletown and Harlem)
Pros:
3.45 GPA requirement
pass on a comprehensive exam, stay out of trouble, and you get accepted.
No minimum MCAT score needed.
About 50% of MS students (30-35 out of 75-80) either get into the DO program directly, others apply through AACOMAS or go to another medical school altogether after the program.
Overall, a nice campus and nice faculty I heard!

Cons:
I heard they grade students based on the class average which makes the program very competitive and cutthroat. So basically your grade depends on the entire classes average exam score (so if your class is smart I guess its gonna be tough)
It's a flip classroom setting which means you watch lectures outside of class and just go to class to answer clickers and discuss the material.
21 credits per semester- 42 credits per year- kind of a lot

LECOM Erie:

Pros:
3.3 GPA
497 MCAT Or Good AIS score and you are guaranteed an interview (many students told me this basically means you are in)
No competition amongst students, you just need to study and get the 3.3
One year ago about 47 out of 210 students got in (25%) matriculated to the DO program
3.3 I have heard is manageable, a combination of As and Bs. You basically get accepted by the Spring if you are in good shape (3.4-3.5)
Cheap tuition, cost of living cheap

Cons:
It is considered a VERY challenging program
Exams have multiple subjects on it
I heard students can barely get Bs... a lot of people fail/repeat the year
The grading system is weird like 90-100 is an A and 80-90 is a B
Mandatory lectures
Professional dress code
No food or water in the classroom

My MCAT is 497, sGPA is 3.01 and cGPA of 3.27 from Binghamton University (Integrative Neuroscience major)
I am two years out of undergrad and really need a direct admission program, but suggestions to any other programs are appreciated! I took the MCAT three times and that's my highest score and would like to avoid retaking it but will if I need to. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Both are a bad choice, imo. PM me if you want to know what I did.