Tox/PEM Fellowships

Started by DeadCactus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeadCactus

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen a few fellowships that combine the two. Is there actually demand for people with that training? Any insight on what people with that background tend to do for their career?
 
I've seen a few fellowships that combine the two. Is there actually demand for people with that training? Any insight on what people with that background tend to do for their career?

I'm not aware of any combined programs, but then again, I haven't really looked. That would probably take 4 years as I'm not sure there is much overlap in the curricula.

In terms of demand for those particular skills, I can't imagine there is that much demand. It might be beneficial in an area where Peds controls the Poison Control Center. In terms of careers, I suspect you'd do EM/Tox like most people but would do the ED time in the Peds ED.