toxicology....too hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iphetamine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I find toxicology a bit tough, it's all memorization and practically nothing rocket science there but it's just too much. A lot of little details that look so similar, it's so frustrating.

Any advice on how to tackle that ***?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about you guys, but I find toxicology a bit tough, it's all memorization and practically nothing rocket science there but it's just too much. A lot of little details that look so similar, it's so frustrating.

Any advice on how to tackle that ***?

Toxicology is a lot easier if you get a chance to see it in real life (poison control centers, ER, etc). Here are some case studies to help you.

http://www.uic.edu/com/er/toxikon/cases/allcase.htm

clin tox was my favorite class in pharmacy school by far. yes, a fair amount of memorization, but a lot of critical thinking as well. our final was a case that ended up being a poisoning with a substance not mentioned in the patient's belongings. you have to look further than the obvious and that's pretty cool.

Toxicology is tough, but I think it's also one of the most interesting fields out there (along with ID). There's a lot more thinking involved in it than other things we might come across. Plus it's fun knowing the cure to any random overdose.