iphetamine

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I don't know about you guys, but I find toxicology a bit tough, it's all memorization and practically nothing rocket science there but it's just too much. A lot of little details that look so similar, it's so frustrating.

Any advice on how to tackle that ***?

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I don't know about you guys, but I find toxicology a bit tough, it's all memorization and practically nothing rocket science there but it's just too much. A lot of little details that look so similar, it's so frustrating.

Any advice on how to tackle that ***?

Toxicology is a lot easier if you get a chance to see it in real life (poison control centers, ER, etc). Here are some case studies to help you.

http://www.uic.edu/com/er/toxikon/cases/allcase.htm

njac

15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
Now headed all the way west!
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
clin tox was my favorite class in pharmacy school by far. yes, a fair amount of memorization, but a lot of critical thinking as well. our final was a case that ended up being a poisoning with a substance not mentioned in the patient's belongings. you have to look further than the obvious and that's pretty cool.

Praziquantel86

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Toxicology is tough, but I think it's also one of the most interesting fields out there (along with ID). There's a lot more thinking involved in it than other things we might come across. Plus it's fun knowing the cure to any random overdose.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.