TPR 2 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kussemek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the good news is that my score went up in Bio and Phys...and I didnt even get to answer all phys, I had to guess and I knew more of the answers after looking...but my verbal score plummeted! I am a little concerned, verbal is supposed to be my strong area.

Members don't see this ad.

That happened to me too!! Verbal PLUMMETED!!! but physics and bio went up. Hang in there.... I'm going to convince myself that verbal on that test was jacked up! :D I checked my answers and there are some questions that I don't argree with! :rolleyes:

G'luck on #3!! :luck:

N1DERL& said:
That happened to me too!! Verbal PLUMMETED!!! but physics and bio went up. Hang in there.... I'm going to convince myself that verbal on that test was jacked up! :D I checked my answers and there are some questions that I don't argree with! :rolleyes:

G'luck on #3!! :luck:

yea, i checked the answers too and some of their justifications were ridiculous. Anyway...good to know I'm not alone! On with #3:)

Exactly, I'm still irritated with the answer to question 92 qbout the Native Americans and sassafras, make drawings of sickly children my a$$! :mad: :confused: :mad:

When is your #3? I've got mine coming up on Saturday, ugh... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pissed about 92 and 90, especially when in the pasage it says that they didnt record the heights of the trees...but typically is supposed to lead me to believe that they did...which does make sense...but come on! but the sassfras drawings is idiotic!

we just too #2, we have three in like 4 weeks.

OMG! I didn't even look at 90!!!!! You're right, it does say in the passage that they didn't record their heights!!! I picked A for that. I'm gonna email my verbal teacher and see what she comes up with. Stupid passages! :laugh:

:D So I asked my teacher about those questions and this is what she said....

I think it's utter bs but what da heck do I know?!?! :D

#90 is D: it's a very tricky question.
A. is out, because "measured planks" wouldn't provide data regarding the height of the trees from which they were cut.
B. is out, because it lacks specific information about the height of trees and because it doesn't specify virgin whites pines.
C. is out, because lines 35-37 specifically say that the "second growth, which is all that is left to us" cannot help us imagine the "toppling height" of the virgin white.
D. is the answer, although it doesn't appear to be at first consideration. Actually, lines 39 - 40 say that early settlers "typically" didn't record the tree height; the use of the word "typically" suggests that they sometimes DID record it. Even though that darn [typically] is in brackets, which makes it seem nonexistent.

#92 is D. I'd use process of elimination on this one.
A. is out; just because the Native Americans produce and sell anything today, logic tells us that it doesn't mean they've done it all along. They could have picked up any marketing scheme at any time along the way to make some money.
B. is out. There is no logical connection.
C. is out. Just because sassafras tincture tastes medicinal, is no reason to believe the Native Americans ever used it.
D. is correct. Remember, this is a "new information" kind of question, so there is nothing in the passage to back it up. It's just the most logical answer choice.

i never thought id say this, since verbal is my thing, but verbal sucks!

My verbal score went down too! I still don't get how 90 can be D when the passage says they did not record the heights. I picked A because I figured they could estimate using the plank lengths and that builders would have to measure. I'm also a verbal girl (I'm a frickin English major), but I have to agree verbal sucks because you pick the right answer and they find some way to twist things around and mark it wrong.

I picked A too. You're an english major? I was poli sci, we are in similar boats. It was pretty depressing to see the one place where I should shine just fall like that.

:laugh: A for me too!!! Oh geez, we should start a petition for the answer to get changed! I was a psych major, you'd think we would have picked up on some reading comprehension along the way!! :rolleyes: