TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook + TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the deal is with these books? Worth it? Testimonials? If so, where can I find them?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what the deal is with these books? Worth it? Testimonials? If so, where can I find them?

Use the search function. And yes, they are definitely worth it. EK 101 is better than TPR hyperlearning but I would complete both. And if you do all or most of the the science passages/problems in the science workbook, you will be well prepared.

maybe it's just me, but I seriously cannot stand TPRH. I signed up for the class (enormous waste of $$) and have been studying the material on my own. There are some questions/passages that require more thought trying to understand their explanation than it takes to actually understand the concept behind the problem. I guess it's good for review, but I would use EK (101 is great but I can't comment on the 1001's because I have yet to really delve into them) if I were you. Just my two cents. FYI: I'm an extremely independent learner and like to understand EVERYTHING (so I get p*ssed when their explanations don't give me a good understanding of exactly what is happening and why). So, if you are a lot different at learning than that, maybe TPRH will work out better for you than it has for me lol. Good luck.

im using it now and i like it. both are great tools, especially the bio i think

cant give more info than that until after my test (3 weeks!) then ill give a more thorough response

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for the verbal workbook, but I think the science book is an excellent resource.

Just one word of caution though - many of the science sections contain far more information and detail than you will need for the MCAT, and if you study directly from the book without any class or guide you may be wasting a lot of your time. Note, I'm saying this as a TPR bio instructor. The hyperlearning course is designed to point out relevant material in class and it mainly uses the text as a resource for additional reading and clarification.

URHere, what is your opinion about TPRH Bio book? I heard its the best content review out there, but apparently there is A LOT of unnecessary information in the book. Is it worth it to use for content, or stick with EK?

I can't speak for the verbal workbook, but I think the science book is an excellent resource.

Just one word of caution though - many of the science sections contain far more information and detail than you will need for the MCAT, and if you study directly from the book without any class or guide you may be wasting a lot of your time. Note, I'm saying this as a TPR bio instructor. The hyperlearning course is designed to point out relevant material in class and it mainly uses the text as a resource for additional reading and clarification.

I'm a TPR bio instructor as well, and I have to say I completely agree. The TPRH book contains waaaaay more information than you need for the MCAT, but they're a great resource for you if you need to truly understand a concept. Personally, though, I used a combination of the Kaplan book, my undergrad bio textbook, and wikipedia to review for the MCAT and the EK1001 book for practice problems.

Can't tell you much about their other books tho.

I wasn't a fan of the course, but the books are superb :thumbup: Bio is a bit dense, so I prefer EK for that, but the amount of practice you get is great!