TPR practice test 4931???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the Princeton Review diag # 4931, I guess it would be the 3rd one taken if you were following the class.

I was just wondering is this test realistically representative of the real mcat? I ve heard that TPR mixes in a few easy tests to boasts ur confidence and a few harder ones to scare u a bit. Is test 4931 in either category?

Are TPR exams in general representative? Are they easier or harder than the real exam?

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that TPR ones are a bit harder, and that is why they start with those. After that the old MCAT tests are more predictive and a little easier. That is how they get their big point jump guarantee. Am I correct in my understanding?

amberm4 said:
My understanding is that TPR ones are a bit harder, and that is why they start with those. After that the old MCAT tests are more predictive and a little easier. That is how they get their big point jump guarantee. Am I correct in my understanding?

That's what they tell us! One of my teachers said this one was the hardest, but I thought they were all similar in difficulty.

CoffeeCat said:
That's what they tell us! One of my teachers said this one was the hardest, but I thought they were all similar in difficulty.

4931 was the hardest?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's slightly harder than the real MCAT, but a reliable indicator of how you're doing.

My personal impression was that 4921 was harder overall. However, the bio on 4931 seemed a bit more difficult to me, though when I went back most of my errors were pretty stupid on my part (aren't they all?)

Verbal... verbal is verbal to me. I can't really tell between tests.

I personally thought that the Physical Sciences and Verbal sections of 4931 were significantly easier than on 4911 and 4921. It took me around 15 minutes less on the PS section and 10 minutes less on the verbal section than normal to finish each section. The BS section of 4931 is probably the hardest out of any of the three.

BigRedPremed said:
The BS section of 4931 is probably the hardest out of any of the three.

I think the BS of 4921 was the hardest by far. 4931, according to Shrike, is similar to 4911 and a little bit harder than AAMC "within 2-3 points".

If you study on top of that between 4931 and your next AAMC exam then you can probably see 4-6 points of improvement (2-3 from exam being easier and 2-3 from studying your weak areas).

I actually got a better score on the 4931 BS section so perhaps you're right. It just felt harder as I was doing it.

How are Princeton practice tests A-D? Recommend taking them? Are they realistically reflective?

NRAI2001 said:
How are Princeton practice tests A-D? Recommend taking them? Are they realistically reflective?

They're pretty hard so if you take them, keep that in mind.

How's the 4961 test in terms of difficulty? While I took it, it seemed easy and I finished 20-25 mins early thinking I aced it but I got a lower score than 4931 and AAMC 7. Just curious what other people that took it thought about it.

Mister Pie said:
They're pretty hard so if you take them, keep that in mind.
yea, tehy're pretty tough in comparison to the aamc and even the TPR 49## tests.

After the aamc exams, which exams are the most realistic?

Please be specific if u can, which company, which number exam.

THanks.