owleyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Is princeton review's verbal on their diags easier or harder than the actual AAMC tests?

metastasis

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Status
owleyes said:
Is princeton review's verbal on their diags easier or harder than the actual AAMC tests?
I think TPR is slightly easier, and little less ambigous than the actual MCAT. I hate TPR solutions, it always gives lines refrences, as if the section is suppose to test "Verbal Comprehension" and not "Verbal Reasoning". However, their passages are very good. Questions are okay, but EKs are better.

Dr_Dan_the_man

OH CANADA
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
Status
Medical Student
actually I did worse on TPR's diags than I did on the AAMC practice tests so far... so I would say they are slightly tougher.
And yes I agree the solutions are crap, my verbal teacher recommended to always justify the answer to yourself by searching the passage and not relying on their dumb solutions.

happy studying

About the Ads

bkpa2med

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
TPR's diags are way harder than AAMC in my opinion. Stick with the AAMC.

KeyLime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2000
Visit site
Status
I think that the TPR verbal diags are harder than AAMC tests. I used the TPR and EK passages for practice. I think that TPR is good for practice, just don't freak out too much about low TPR scores if you are doing well on the AAMC verbal.

About the Ads