Mar 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
MCAT is this saturday, and I've scored around 9-10 on all of the AAMC's in the verbal section. My main problem is that I don't finish in time, like 3-4 minutes short honestly. I was thinking about trying the TPR strategy, where if I find myself running short of time I'll skip the next passgage that looks incredibly difficult to comprehend.

HAS ANYBODY done this? I COULD finish, but I'll certainly lose 2-3 more questions (maybe more) because of the increase in speed...I would like to know if anyone has actually done this and score 11+ on VR- please don't say "yeah I know this one guy" I want proof that it kan be done!

BTW- under timed conditions I'm scoring about 9-10, untimed about 13... so I know timing is my main issue, I'm just not a fast reader ;/

Nov 1, 2011
Status
MCAT is this saturday, and I've scored around 9-10 on all of the AAMC's in the verbal section. My main problem is that I don't finish in time, like 3-4 minutes short honestly. I was thinking about trying the TPR strategy, where if I find myself running short of time I'll skip the next passgage that looks incredibly difficult to comprehend.

HAS ANYBODY done this? I COULD finish, but I'll certainly lose 2-3 more questions (maybe more) because of the increase in speed...I would like to know if anyone has actually done this and score 11+ on VR- please don't say "yeah I know this one guy" I want proof that it kan be done!

BTW- under timed conditions I'm scoring about 9-10, untimed about 13... so I know timing is my main issue, I'm just not a fast reader ;/
If you have several passages left and know you wont have time for them all then it definitely makes sense to skip the one that looks most difficult. The thing that you don't want to do though is spend a bunch of time figuring out which passage is most difficult. If you're already scoring 10ish though I wouldn't mess around with your test taking strategy too much this close to test day.

JFK90787

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 17, 2009
New England
Status
Pre-Medical

I did the TPR strat of skipping the hardest passage and guessing at the end. I don't think I ever broke a 10 when I did this, and usually got an 8 or so. Don't do it, just cram as best you can for the next few days

About the Ads