TPRH verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get my material together so I can start my studying for the MCAT. I was wondering how many passages are contained in TPRH verbal. On sn2ed's schedule he mentions 4 full length with 7 passages each and 43 other passages. Is it really hundreds of dollars for 71 passages? Just doesn't seem right since EK 101 verbal has 101 passages for around $30. Can anyone clarify or justify the price for so little passages.

Sorry for any errors, sent from my phone

Members don't see this ad.

43 practice passages and 4 tests with 7 each. so yeah 71 passages.

so do you know if there is any justification for the outrageous price? it costs about 8 times as much as EK 101 verbal and has 30 less passages. just trying to figure out what the big deal about this book is... thanks!

It's supposed to be the the best for verbal outside of actual AAMC packages followed by the EK101. If you're looking for best value, it probably will come from the AAMC self assesment verbal reasoning which is 21 passages for ~$30. It still isnt as cheap per passage as ek101 but it's authentic. Can't beat actual AAMC passages if you're trying to replicate AAMC verbal passages :p

the other drawback to the verbal self assessment is you dont get the answers until you turn them ALL in, so it's a little harder to study from but i suppose you could "fake it" and turn in bad answers and take a paper copy of the test. It would mean you lose out on their "analysis" of your weaknesses though.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been trying to get my material together so I can start my studying for the MCAT. I was wondering how many passages are contained in TPRH verbal. On sn2ed's schedule he mentions 4 full length with 7 passages each and 43 other passages. Is it really hundreds of dollars for 71 passages? Just doesn't seem right since EK 101 verbal has 101 passages for around $30. Can anyone clarify or justify the price for so little passages.

try looking on craigslist. I got mine for $30. granted it was a pdf,but it was still cheap

thanks for the help everyone. I guess I'll try to look on Craigslist

Hundreds of dollars? Where did you see that price? I was under the impression that you could buy the entire TPR set for hundreds.