Tracking Down Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AndrewSG

Reaction score
This questions is about tracking down transcripts.

During the "college years" I attended 2 community colleges and 1 college and 1 university.
Then we got the MBA
Currently, I'm playing DIY Bacc with two Universities.
Each of these have a significant amount of credits to them and not a big deal

The problem is, during HS, I did a lot of programs that came with complimentary college credits.

Then I was a firefighter for 6 years and during that time I was very into my continuing education. Each course I went to usually came with complimentary college credits from some random school and it was never the same one. (Other first responders in here probably know exactly what I'm talking about).

Between HS and FF I wouldn't be surprised if were talking 30+ schools that have credits to my name. I highly doubt I can track down each of those schools, I can't recall half the courses I took no less the school that sponsored them.

What is the consequences of not remembering and not submitting a transcript from every single school I've attended? It's not like I'm hiding anything, I just can't remember what school sponsored ICS-300 in 2009 and gave me some attaboy credits.

Members don't see this ad.

You're required to submit transcripts from every school you've ever attended, which is, unfortunately for you, a lot. Can you reach out for help with this? Your high school should have records of the courses you took through them. Does your personnel file for the fire department have a record of where the credits came from? They must have kept a record of who taught the courses. What about state licensing? Those applications should still be on file somewhere with the information.

It sounds like it's going to be a lot of work to get the info, but I would bet you can probably do it.

It is really frustrating. I didn't have 30, but I did have 11. To be completely honest, as the application season got later than I wanted this year, I considered waiting to apply next year, and one of the reasons I didn't (I didn't day this one was a GOOD reason), was that if I made at least 1 application this year, my transcripts would carry over. Ugh. Make a list and scour your records. Email your HS. Work down the lists of emails to registrars offices etc. Start now.