Tracking internship hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychedUp313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have completed internship - how did you track your hours? Is Time 2 Track necessary to use? My training director told us we aren't required to use T2T; however, I wanted to see if this could create any obstacles for me later down the line when applying for postdoc and licensure. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

2nd the Excel Sheet. Very easy, way less stress and clunk than T2T. You do have to use T2T to input your hours on your APPIC application, but if you’ve labeled and organized your Excel sheet well, it’s straightforward to input the info. I’d suggest asking someone in your program who has submitted their APPIC application for a copy of their hours report so you can make sure you’re keeping track of the relevant info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just another rec for an Excel spreadsheet, unless you reaaaaaally like and want to use T2T. You shouldn't need anything more than that, and I can say that I've never heard of not using T2T on internship as an obstacle for anyone, anywhere.

I used T2T but that was only because I thought it was required/everyone else in my program was using it. It was helpful with doing all the stats and stuff at the end and if I remember correctly it synced up somehow with the application website so I didn’t have to manually enter in the data? I could be making that up, honestly I seem to have blocked out a lot of that time from my memory 😂 When I signed up for it in 2015, it was fairly reasonably priced but it seems to have gone up in price.

I find T2T easier in terms of data input, but most internship/post doc sites will require you to submit something to them. Our internship site wanted us to use one of their excel spreadsheets, and did not accept the T2T reports so it ended up being more work to put it into T2T AND the excel spreadsheet, but I had already paid for the service, so I used T2T and then once a month transferred it to the excel spreadsheet. But, no, T2T is not a requirement and is has become more expensive.

My TD printed out a report through our EMR system. We scheduled/blocked everything off in our EMR system (e.g. client's; supervision; group sup.; sup of sup; didactics; case management/documentation; group therapy; etc.). We didn't have to use T2T.

I used T2T but that was only because I thought it was required/everyone else in my program was using it. It was helpful with doing all the stats and stuff at the end and if I remember correctly it synced up somehow with the application website so I didn’t have to manually enter in the data? I could be making that up, honestly I seem to have blocked out a lot of that time from my memory 😂 When I signed up for it in 2015, it was fairly reasonably priced but it seems to have gone up in price.
This was after my time, but I think T2T automatically transfers information to APPIC for internship applications. I had to enter my hours information manually (and I hadn't known it was required for the application until I actually applied, so I had to estimate after the fact), but I lucked out and missed the paper application process.

Not sure if there's some similar process for non-neuropsych postdocs, but I know there wasn't for neuropsych (and I don't think that's changed).

I used T2T throughout my program and really liked it, but I never had to pay for it so that was a big positive for me. A lot of my cohort-mates used excel spreadsheets because they were more "traditional" school psych and T2T's categories didn't really work out for them. As far as I know, no one in my cohort had any issues with licensure from using an excel spreadsheet.