Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) - does anyone use it?

Started by clozareal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clozareal

The Fun in Profundity
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have yet to come across this in clinical practice during my residency or fellowship. Yet, it's the most cited article in the Brain Stimulation journal. Does anyone use tDCS in their practice? Why or why not?
 
Doing my PhD (Combined Psych Residency/PhD) in tDCS for depression. We just finished a 3+ year multicenter clinical trial in Europe. Waiting for data unblinding.

Would be interesting to hear other people's experience.
 
Another recent article about tDCS I read last year which shows another needed area (negative schizophrenia symptoms) where it seems tDCS could be helpful.


I’d also be interested to know if anyone uses this in practice. I’ve had no experience with it so far in real life and don’t know anyone at our program who does it even though it seems to be a relatively simple and inexpensive setup to perform.