Transcript Pre-Verification Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bagheera16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After finishing a summer course (and acing it whew), I had my updated transcript sent to AACOMAS early last week. They received it late last week. On AACOMAS, my transcript is marked as received, but now it says verifying. I called AACOMAS, and they told me the verification part means that they are in process of recalculating my GPA which will take about 2-3 weeks from now but schools can see the new transcript. 🙁

My question is, should I update schools about the new transcript so they can see that 'A' or should I wait until it is verified? It is definitely going to bring my post-bacc GPA up to a 3.5 from a ~3.1. Or should I update them both times, now and then after it is verified as well? I just feel like I'm in a tight spot because I should be hearing back from most schools within these next 2-3 weeks, so I don't know if I should wait for the transcript to be verified.