Transcript Question

Started by amt1209
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amt1209

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I submitted my application on 8/29 and I've been checking the status of my application almost every day and for some reason I have two transcripts that still stay they have not yet "arrived" at the schools I've applied to. Optomcas notified me about these transcripts in July that they received and processed them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the hold up was for these schools and why they haven't received these transcripts by now. Thanks so much for the help!
 
Hi there,

The same thing happened to me this cycle. In my case, it was an error made by OptomCAS. They received and processed my transcripts but failed to attach it to my application. I called the central office (617-612-2888) and my transcript status was corrected within 24 hours. The transcripts never go to the actual optometry schools. They are sent to OptomCAS and then OptomCAS calculates your GPAs and uploads them into your application that is then sent to the schools.

Best of luck!
 
Hi there,

The same thing happened to me this cycle. In my case, it was an error made by OptomCAS. They received and processed my transcripts but failed to attach it to my application. I called the central office (617-612-2888) and my transcript status was corrected within 24 hours. The transcripts never go to the actual optometry schools. They are sent to OptomCAS and then OptomCAS calculates your GPAs and uploads them into your application that is then sent to the schools.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much! I'll have to call today.