Transcript question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmissy07

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My high school offered duel credit classes through a local community college and I earned 20 high school/college credits that way. These credits show up on my college transcripts as being from a previously attended institution. My question is do I need to have this community college send in transcripts when I apply for dental school? My guess is that I would need to, but since these classes also counted for high school credit and show up on my actual undergraduate transcripts I wasn't sure if it was necessary. Thanks!
 
You have to send in all your transcripts including the community college transcripts you attended 🙂
 
My high school offered duel credit classes through a local community college and I earned 20 high school/college credits that way. These credits show up on my college transcripts as being from a previously attended institution. My question is do I need to have this community college send in transcripts when I apply for dental school? My guess is that I would need to, but since these classes also counted for high school credit and show up on my actual undergraduate transcripts I wasn't sure if it was necessary. Thanks!

Think of it this way......who granted you the credit? If the answer is ABC community college, even though it was through a high school dual enrollment program, then you have to submit a transcript from ABC. Make sense?