Transcript question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoToHolmes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently got an alert saying my school needs transcripts from EVERY school I attended. What counts?

Took some classes at School A but I dropped all of them before the deadline. Nothing on my unofficial transcript. Should I send it anyway? Took some other classes at School B but I dropped that as soon as I made a choice for what school I wanted to go to (school didn't require the class). On my app I said I might take classes at School C but I never did, opting for School A and B instead. Do I need to send transcripts from any of these three schools? Or is it just for schools where I received credit/a grade?

I already sent a transcript from School B just in case (couldn't access the unofficial transcript to check) and School A. Got an email today saying my transcript order from A was canceled because there isn't anything on it so they offered to send a letter of nonattendance instead. I should be fine even if I don't send it, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Recently got an alert saying my school needs transcripts from EVERY school I attended. What counts?

Took some classes at School A but I dropped all of them before the deadline. Nothing on my unofficial transcript. Should I send it anyway? Took some other classes at School B but I dropped that as soon as I made a choice for what school I wanted to go to (school didn't require the class). On my app I said I might take classes at School C but I never did, opting for School A and B instead. Do I need to send transcripts from any of these three schools? Or is it just for schools where I received credit/a grade?

I already sent a transcript from School B just in case (couldn't access the unofficial transcript to check) and School A. Got an email today saying my transcript order from A was canceled because there isn't anything on it so they offered to send a letter of nonattendance instead. I should be fine even if I don't send it, right?

Since you technically didn't attend (and receive credit/an actual transcript) from any school, I'm thinking you should be in the clear. I think if you are concerned about this, you should reach out to your dental school's admissions office and explain the circumstances. They will have better guidance than my or your best guess at this. I don't think dental schools will ever hold honesty against you unless it's something really awful.

Hope this helps :thumbup: