Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Transcript Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by 204489, May 27, 2008.

1. 204489

Pre-Pharmacy
    so for some schools that im applying to their prereqs require some course+lab like biology I and II and then biology lab but only thing is that my transcript just shows my 4 hour biology course grade w/o the lab even though i took the lab. does anybody know how they look at this?

2. IrishRxMan

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    In Texas for public schools, they all go by a common numbering system except Texas A&M. They kind of go their own route. If you took the Bio I & II for science majors they will recognize it just by the number of hours each class was. Normal bio courses are 3 hours without the lab attached.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 204489

Pre-Pharmacy
    oh ok. i go to A&M and like bio 1 and 2 are each 4 credits but it only shows a grade for the whole entire course Bio I A and Bio 2 C but i remember i made an A and B respectfully in lab. will they just not count the labs in my pre reqs?

4. 204489

Pre-Pharmacy
    since they dont show up on my transcript

5. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    You're good. My school does the same thing. If you are applying to PharmCAS, you select if the course is a combined class or separate for lab and lecture. For the non-PharmCAS school they had us provide a link for where the academic catalog could be found. Whatever the school does, they will evaluate your transcript.

6. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat

Pharmacy Student
    Now this part just confused me. I was talking about classes where the lab and lecture are combined.

7. IrishRxMan

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    The lab and lecture are combined, but you get a separate grade for each. The lab adds into the overall grade kind of like another test grade.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat

Pharmacy Student
    Okay, that's how ours worked too.

9. 204489

Pre-Pharmacy
    yeah i was saying that a&m does a combined lab and lecture. ok got it now, the school i'm applying to will know that they are combined! thanks ya'll