Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

so for some schools that im applying to their prereqs require some course+lab like biology I and II and then biology lab but only thing is that my transcript just shows my 4 hour biology course grade w/o the lab even though i took the lab. does anybody know how they look at this?

Members don't see this ad.

so for some schools that im applying to their prereqs require some course+lab like biology I and II and then biology lab but only thing is that my transcript just shows my 4 hour biology course grade w/o the lab even though i took the lab. does anybody know how they look at this?

In Texas for public schools, they all go by a common numbering system except Texas A&M. They kind of go their own route. If you took the Bio I & II for science majors they will recognize it just by the number of hours each class was. Normal bio courses are 3 hours without the lab attached.

oh ok. i go to A&M and like bio 1 and 2 are each 4 credits but it only shows a grade for the whole entire course Bio I A and Bio 2 C but i remember i made an A and B respectfully in lab. will they just not count the labs in my pre reqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're good. My school does the same thing. If you are applying to PharmCAS, you select if the course is a combined class or separate for lab and lecture. For the non-PharmCAS school they had us provide a link for where the academic catalog could be found. Whatever the school does, they will evaluate your transcript.

oh ok. i go to A&M and like bio 1 and 2 are each 4 credits but it only shows a grade for the whole entire course Bio I A and Bio 2 C but i remember i made an A and B respectfully in lab. will they just not count the labs in my pre reqs?

Now this part just confused me. I was talking about classes where the lab and lecture are combined.

Now this part just confused me. I was talking about classes where the lab and lecture are combined.

The lab and lecture are combined, but you get a separate grade for each. The lab adds into the overall grade kind of like another test grade.

yeah i was saying that a&m does a combined lab and lecture. ok got it now, the school i'm applying to will know that they are combined! thanks ya'll