Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxgirl3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So.... I e-submitted pharmcas last week as well as my supplemental app for UOP hoping to make the Tier 1 deadline.

I am worried because I requested a transcript from my undergrad college to be sent to pharmcas on 7/8. It still has not shown up on pharmcas!!! I called the school and they confirmed it was sent on 7/13. Pharmcas told me it takes up to 7 business days to process the transcript.

UOP's tier 1 deadline is August 1st. I am sooo worried!! I was wondering if when pharmcas receives transcripts, they date/stamp them that day before posting them online. Anyone been in this situation?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also applying for UoP's tier 1, just gotta complete my supplements.

My transcripts from 2 schools took about a week for them to be received. On my PharmCAS it says 6/22/2011 and 6/23/2011; which is when it was received by them.

Hopefully they received it and it's taking them a while to just post it up.

That's what I am hoping.... that it's received and they just need to post it online!! So stressful....

Does anyone else know if pharmCAS posts the transcripts the same day they are received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know for sure but I would imagine it's updated quickly since all they need to do essentially is to scan the barcode.

That's what I am hoping.... that it's received and they just need to post it online!! So stressful....

Does anyone else know if pharmCAS posts the transcripts the same day they are received?

I don't think the transcripts will be posted the same day they are received. More than likely within a few days. I can't remember exactly how long it took for mine to be posted last cycle, but it was within a few days time. Maybe try contacting PharmCAS directly.

For UOP's Tier 1, do you have to submit BOTH the pharmcas application and supplemental, or will e-submitting the pharmcas application be enough for tier 1 consideration?

Both PharmCAS and supplemental must be in by 8/1 to make tier 1. PharmCAS app needs to be 100% complete including all transcripts and LOR. Man, I am bummed that it is a freaking transcript that is holding me back from making tier 1... I had everything submitted early!!! errr!!

I have this problem too. I ordered a transcript in June and it still hasn't been received by pharmcas. I know it was mailed out too. I'm just hoping for a miracle on 8/1 and seeing a new "Date Received" indicator. :(

Regarding the LOR, UOP requires 2 LOR's from pharmcas, but I sent out 4 requests. I recieved 3 of the LOR's already, does UOP still consider my application incomplete until the 4th LOR is received by pharmcas?

Regarding the LOR, UOP requires 2 LOR's from pharmcas, but I sent out 4 requests. I recieved 3 of the LOR's already, does UOP still consider my application incomplete until the 4th LOR is received by pharmcas?

They will consider it complete. Honestly, I doubt they will even look at all 3 LORs. Why not cancel the 4th one if it's not needed? Are you applying to schools that require the 4?

They will consider it complete. Honestly, I doubt they will even look at all 3 LORs. Why not cancel the 4th one if it's not needed? Are you applying to schools that require the 4?

Not really, but I figure more LOR's would be better in case 1 LOR isn't as strong as the others. Also, does the supplemental matter more than the pharmcas app? I'm really having trouble answering UOP's Supplemental prompt #1.

I have this problem too. I ordered a transcript in June and it still hasn't been received by pharmcas. I know it was mailed out too. I'm just hoping for a miracle on 8/1 and seeing a new "Date Received" indicator. :(

Ya I'm hoping for the miracle too! My school confirmed it was mail so it either got lost in the mail or is sitting in a stack somewhere @ PharmCAS headquarters. boooo!!

Not really, but I figure more LOR's would be better in case 1 LOR isn't as strong as the others. Also, does the supplemental matter more than the pharmcas app? I'm really having trouble answering UOP's Supplemental prompt #1.

More LORs isn't necessarily better. The "weak" one still left an impression already.

PharmCAS or supplemental... well they're equally important as both parts are needed for a complete profile.