Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Transcript Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rxgirl3, Jul 28, 2011.

1. rxgirl3

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hey guys,

So.... I e-submitted pharmcas last week as well as my supplemental app for UOP hoping to make the Tier 1 deadline.

I am worried because I requested a transcript from my undergrad college to be sent to pharmcas on 7/8. It still has not shown up on pharmcas!!! I called the school and they confirmed it was sent on 7/13. Pharmcas told me it takes up to 7 business days to process the transcript.

UOP's tier 1 deadline is August 1st. I am sooo worried!! I was wondering if when pharmcas receives transcripts, they date/stamp them that day before posting them online. Anyone been in this situation?

Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PharmOverload

#2 PharmOverload, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  4. rxgirl3

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    That's what I am hoping.... that it's received and they just need to post it online!! So stressful....

Does anyone else know if pharmCAS posts the transcripts the same day they are received?

5. Project2015

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Don't know for sure but I would imagine it's updated quickly since all they need to do essentially is to scan the barcode.

6. delano2000

delano2000 D-Mod likes to parTAY
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

I don't think the transcripts will be posted the same day they are received. More than likely within a few days. I can't remember exactly how long it took for mine to be posted last cycle, but it was within a few days time. Maybe try contacting PharmCAS directly.

7. Cataly5t

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    For UOP's Tier 1, do you have to submit BOTH the pharmcas application and supplemental, or will e-submitting the pharmcas application be enough for tier 1 consideration?

8. rxgirl3

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Both PharmCAS and supplemental must be in by 8/1 to make tier 1. PharmCAS app needs to be 100% complete including all transcripts and LOR. Man, I am bummed that it is a freaking transcript that is holding me back from making tier 1... I had everything submitted early!!! errr!!

9. HopefulDreamer

Pharmacy Student
    I have this problem too. I ordered a transcript in June and it still hasn't been received by pharmcas. I know it was mailed out too. I'm just hoping for a miracle on 8/1 and seeing a new "Date Received" indicator. :(

10. Cataly5t

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Regarding the LOR, UOP requires 2 LOR's from pharmcas, but I sent out 4 requests. I recieved 3 of the LOR's already, does UOP still consider my application incomplete until the 4th LOR is received by pharmcas?

11. delano2000

delano2000 D-Mod likes to parTAY
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

They will consider it complete. Honestly, I doubt they will even look at all 3 LORs. Why not cancel the 4th one if it's not needed? Are you applying to schools that require the 4?

12. Cataly5t

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not really, but I figure more LOR's would be better in case 1 LOR isn't as strong as the others. Also, does the supplemental matter more than the pharmcas app? I'm really having trouble answering UOP's Supplemental prompt #1.

13. rxgirl3

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ya I'm hoping for the miracle too! My school confirmed it was mail so it either got lost in the mail or is sitting in a stack somewhere @ PharmCAS headquarters. boooo!!

14. Project2015

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    More LORs isn't necessarily better. The "weak" one still left an impression already.

PharmCAS or supplemental... well they're equally important as both parts are needed for a complete profile.