Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Transcript Rejected by AAMC

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by ToppuModera, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ToppuModera

Non-Student
    My transcript was rejected by AAMC staff because it was issued over two weeks before they received it. I looked all over the website and instruction manual and haven't been able to find anything regarding this two week expiration on transcripts. I requested it a month ago, not sure what took my school so long but a few weeks delay doesn't seem like a good reason to reject my transcript, especially since I have been out of school 7 years. Has anyone else had this happen?

2. femmegoblue

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I am not mistaken, usually this is on the school's end. Like the school has a period of time by which AMCAS or any place they send it must download it. If it's after that, it's no good.

3. ImmunoLove

2+ Year Member

That's peculiar. Did you call them up and see what they say? Perhaps you can determine whether it's a school mandate or an AMCAS issue.

4. ToppuModera

Non-Student
    I guess it could be a policy at the school. I didn't think about that. I will check into it. Thanks for the replies.

5. pageantry

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah this happened to me this cycle. I had to have the offending school re-send the transcript and paid for FedEx this time. Delayed my app's verification.

I can't tell you how many times and different ways this cycle I've just had to sit and consciously relax my forehead, jaw, throat, neck, lumbar, thighs, feet. Ahh. Better.