Medical Transcript repair help/advice - How does my plan look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to apply to med school in June 2021. I did pretty well on the MCAT (518).

I am working on transcript repair right now after obtaining way too many withdrawals as a result of poorly controlled (now resolved) health problems. I know I need 2 years of nearly all A's and no W's.

The problem is that I am set to be a Dec 2020 grad, which won't be a full 2 years. I take the max 12 credits each summer so it will be 5 semesters if summers can count as a semester of transcript repair, I look like this:

Summer 2019 at university: 12 credits with 3.8 GPA and no W's
Fall 2020 at university: 20 credits with 4.0 GPA and no W's
Spring 2020 at university: 19 credits with 4.0 GPA and no W's
Summer 2020 at university: 12 credits with 4.0 GPA and no W's
Fall 2020 at university: I am taking 17 credits and unless there is some sort of disaster will likely perform similarly

I wanted to get my CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) in Spring 2021 (18 credits needed for the certificate at a local community college) because that's my plan for money and health insurance during my application cycle. I want to get that in spring 2021 so I will be able to get certified before I turn 26 in summer 2021 and have to go off parental health insurance. However, this whole endeavor will have been a waste of time and money if graduating in Fall 2020 means I will have insufficient transcript repair. The last thing I want is for graduation in Fall 2020 vs Spring 2021 to be the dealbreaker in me not getting into med school.

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you have additional questions of want me to expand on anything.
Your plan is sound and two years of solid performance is enough to show reinvention. Once you're done, come back and we can give a list of schools to target.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.