Transcript request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetRain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I was so set on submitting my app by June 1st, I forgot to turn in my transcript request form. I'll be turning that in to my school first thing monday but I heard it takes about 2-3 weeks for AMCAS (and TMDSAS. I'm applying through both) to receive it.

...am I not applying early anymore and am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

So...I was so set on submitting my app by June 1st, I forgot to turn in my transcript request form. I'll be turning that in to my school first thing monday but I heard it takes about 2-3 weeks for AMCAS (and TMDSAS. I'm applying through both) to receive it.

Well, yea, if you JUST applied to send a transcript in from your college..then yes, however long it takes to mail is however long your app will be delayed by. I don't think it'll take 2 - 3 weeks to recieve it. They state which days transcripts they're entering into the system on the main page. You might be a bit later, but it's still early...AMCAS doesn't forward all the apps to the schools until late June. Don't worry.

:bang:

Monday is a holiday; make sure your registrar's office is open before you make the journey. Rarely is anyone screwed by having a complete AMCAS in late-June / early-July. There is nothing you can do about it now, right?

Take a deep breath, do what you can, and try not to stress about the things you have no control over (there is a long road ahead).

:slap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I made the exact same mistake. My school takes 5 business days to process and send it out, then AMCAS takes time to process, and my app is ready to go. Ugh, such an annoying oversight. You can still submit your application though. AMCAS won't look at it until they get your transcript, but at least they'll look at your app right away after they get it.

My school also had the option for expedited mailing (for an extra 16 bucks). That should hopefully help. At least it made me feel a little better for dropping the ball on this.

Yep you guys are definitely in good company. I didn't officially start filling out my primary until today, and then I realized that you're supposed to request the transcripts ~2 weeks in advance. On the upside, we have more time to fine-tune the personal statement and activities :)