Transcript Subject Selection Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Springs10808

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to enter my transcripts in, and my alma mater had this really strange and unique program called Integrated Science and Technology, or ISAT. My friends and I used to always make fun of ISAT because we figured all the kids who majored in it would graduate and all their prospective grad schools or employers would say, "What the heck is ISAT?" and it would cause problems. Now, that's coming back to bite me, because one of my gen-eds was an ISAT course and I have no clue what subject to put in the Select Subject drop-down list. The class was called "Problem Solving Applications in Science and Technology." The FAQ says that, when in doubt, go with the department the class was offered through, but since it was the Department of ISAT, that doesn't really help. I put it under "Logic" for now, but I don't know how accurate that is. What do you guys think would be appropriate?

Edit: While we're talking about transcripts, what do you guys do if there's a sub-heading to the class title? For example, if the class name is "Independent Study - Psychology" and then underneath that on its own line is "Topic: Research: Animal Behavior," do you just put the class name or do you add the topic, as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Logic is a very specific area of philosophy. I don't think that course would belong there, especially since Logic is under the heading of general non-science courses. The course title is really vague. What did you learn?

The course itself was very strange and poorly organized, and we didn't really learn much from it, to be honest. The professor would lecture about a variety of things (the only things I can actually remember him talking about were heuristics and how to make a flow chart to his exact specifications) and then give us completely unrelated assignments (one was to write a paper on a renewable energy source).

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not logic. I had a couple interdisciplinary classes that didn't fit neatly into the categories when I applied, and at the time there was a "none of the above" option... is that no longer present?

I remember last year for a few classes I wished that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ was a subject option because nothing else made sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not logic. I had a couple interdisciplinary classes that didn't fit neatly into the categories when I applied, and at the time there was a "none of the above" option... is that no longer present?

Unfortunately, that is no longer an option.