Transcript Verification Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RIX100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding transcript, optomcas app verification and schools.

I am taking a summer course and the course will be completed by mid August. I will have every aspect of my optomcas apps completed and sent by July. Will schools review my application prior to me completing my summer course/ transcript for summer course be sent to optomcas or hold off until everything is completed? OR will my optomcas application not even be verified because of the pending course/transcript verification.

All responses are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a pending course I was taking in the fall, but submitted my application in August. Just list the course as whatever the in progress / planned option is, and come the end of the fall semester, there is a period you can go into OptomCAS and update your courses/send a new transcript. I was already accepted come the end of the fall semester, so I didn't even have to deal with OptomCAS anymore, and just sent my new transcripts directly to the school I will be attending.

Keep an eye on your application though. OptomCAS is glitchy, and it seems especially so when you are applying early. For me, mine all went through find, but my application was held up because the system was waiting for a transcript from my "in progress" course. So I called them a lot, they apologized and said I entered everything correctly on my end....but it still took them about 2 weeks to fix. So apply early, don't wait until you get your course transcript in August, because OptomCAS will most likely screw something up haha! Thankfully a two week delay this early in the game won't be a huge deal :) Good luck!