Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePTguy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I graduate, my transcript will say that I have my bachelor's degree, but I won't receive it until six months later. Does the physical therapy program want you to have your degree by hand or is the statement on the transcript sufficient enough.

Members don't see this ad.

They want you to forward the original copy of the degree so they can have it on file and you can only get it back if you graduate :D. They know degrees don't make their way to graduates for several weeks. You don't need to show paper copy proof you have your degree, that's what a transcript is for. Some schools give a certification of completion showing essentially a screen shot of something.

Thanks I already gave them my academic update transcript but I will have to give them my transcript with the completed 2015 spring courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine. If you've earned a bachelor's degree by the first day of the PT program, I doubt you will have any problems.

Why the long delay? Do you have to take another class over the summer or something?

You're fine. If you've earned a bachelor's degree by the first day of the PT program, I doubt you will have any problems.

Why the long delay? Do you have to take another class over the summer or something?

Most schools take months to mail out their UG official degree, mine probably took about 4 months to arrive after graduation.

Most schools take months to mail out their UG official degree, mine probably took about 4 months to arrive after graduation.

Hmm true...I know people that graduated last semester from my school who got theirs within like 3 weeks...but they were graduating in the fall so there would be less to process...

In either case it doesn't matter, you'll have an official transcript that shows you completed a degree.

Financial reasons, I had enough pell to cover for one more semester and I decided to take it.