Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dvmcatdog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was curious if every course I have ever taken will count as towards my cumulative GPA. I'm trying to calculate it and want to make sure. I took some remedial math classes when I first started college, the university I transferred to didn't accept them and add them into my GPA. Will vet school? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Hello!

I was curious if every course I have ever taken will count as towards my cumulative GPA. I'm trying to calculate it and want to make sure. I took some remedial math classes when I first started college, the university I transferred to didn't accept them and add them into my GPA. Will vet school? Thanks!!
You'll have to enter every college class you've ever taken on VMCAS and send your transcript for those classes, so they'll be automatically included in your cumulative GPA on VMCAS. VMCAS will also calculate your GPA for just your primary institution (where you got your degree or took the majority of your courses), your science GPA, last 45, etc. The schools you apply to might calculate your GPAs differently, for instance some schools handle retakes differently or don't count graduate-level courses, but the short answer is most likely, yes.

Reactions: 1 user