transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickey1101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys~ I have one quick question about sending transcripts to Pharmcas.

I already have sent a transcript to Pharmcas but I changed my mind and I decided to submit my Pharmcas after my summer classes are over. (to boost my GPA)
Pharmcas already received my transcript, but if I send it again with summer courses grades included, you think they will replace it??

I mean.. obviously they have to but I was just wondering if there is going be a problem...

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys~ I have one quick question about sending transcripts to Pharmcas.

I already have sent a transcript to Pharmcas but I changed my mind and I decided to submit my Pharmcas after my summer classes are over. (to boost my GPA)
Pharmcas already received my transcript, but if I send it again with summer courses grades included, you think they will replace it??

I mean.. obviously they have to but I was just wondering if there is going be a problem...

Nope, no problem at all as long as you haven't submitted pharmcas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you submit they will still update your transcripts when they receive them.
How could Pharmcas deal with classes he is taking (which grades are not listed in the "coursework")?

How could Pharmcas deal with classes he is taking (which grades are not listed in the "coursework")?

You're supposed to list classes that you plan to take for this upcoming year. Then in December, PharmCAS opens what's called the Academic Update window that allows you to add grades to those courses. You also change courses too so you aren't bound to the schedule you put now.

Even if you submit they will still update your transcripts when they receive them.

I'd double check this. PharmCAS will verify the grades you entered in their system match what is on your transcript. They will not update your application with grades on transcripts when you have the courses listed in your projected coursework. So if you submitted your application and sent in transcripts with grades for courses that are listed as Projected on your application, I wouldn't expect the GPA to be updated until the AU window.

Ah perhaps I was wrong. I thought transcripts were like LORs in that pharmacs will keep sending them out and updating once they were received. But I researched the site and I can't find anything to confirm that....it makes sense that they would only calculate a pharmcas gpa once. I apologize for my misinformation.

Gosh I applied a year ago....I can't keep it all straight!

I wouldn't expect the GPA to be updated until the AU window.
Does this mean that the Adcom won't see your new GPA until like, around December/January?

This concerns me because I was counting on my 24 units worth of summer courses and Fall 2007 classes to boost my GPA. Oh well! :(:oops::( (I'm applying to schools with rolling admissions/early deadlines)

So is it confirmed that PharmCAS only calculates the GPA once even if I plan to submit my summer school grades after I finish?

Just call PharmCAS. All the reps seem to know what they're talking about and are really nice. Fastest/easiest way to get your answer.