Transcripts: Advice - I did a stupid thing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I finished Spring semester I had one class that had an "incomplete" for a grade. It was a 1-credit pass/fail class. Not required, and not pertinent to my gpa. I completed the final paper for it but my prof was away in Africa for weeks, and is just now about to change the grade to a pass.

Should I wait 2 weeks for the pass grade to clear through the registrar or send my transcript with the incomplete? I feel stupid cause I could have sent it almost 2 months ago as it is now, but I've been waiting - I didn't want the incomplete to look stupid.

Please help. Should I send i now or wait? Btw, the rest of my application is submitted and complete (except for DAT).

Thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a decent GPA? When are you taking the DAT? If you wait the 2 weeks, will your application still be in before your DAT scores? Take those questions into account.

Other things to find out: Do individual schools only receive the GPA, or do they get a list of all coursework too? If it's only the GPAs, by all means, send it out now, since pass/fail classes aren't factored into your GPA. If they get to see all the individual classes, you could consider submitting your application now and just sending an updated transcript to your schools in two weeks with a letter explaining what you're updating them on. (The class won't change your GPA either way since it's P/NP, but this way you'll be able to submit your app now and eliminate the "i" from your app in a couple weeks. In my experience, the schools are almost always willing to help you out this way)

Last thing to consider: On the transcript matching form, there is a question asking if you're submitting this transcript because of a grade change. I'm not sure if that could be used for your situation, but you should call AADSAS and find out. Maybe you could submit a transcript now and the updated one in 2 weeks.

Haha... there you go... I think it's more questions than answers, but I hope something in there is useful... If it were me, I'd see if any of the options above provided a viable solution, and if they didn't, I'd wait the two weeks... but that's just me.