Transcripts and GPA problem. Please advise.

Started by snowdance
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snowdance

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a foreign undergraduate degree (NOT in dentistry so I don't fit in the international dentistry category) but I've been in the US for many years with permanent residency. My undergrad transcript is bilingual with english translation. The problem is that it's on a 0-100 scale. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can apply with a foreign transcript like this? Any reply = appreciate... thanks
 
I have a foreign undergraduate degree (NOT in dentistry so I don't fit in the international dentistry category) but I've been in the US for many years with permanent residency. My undergrad transcript is bilingual with english translation. The problem is that it's on a 0-100 scale. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can apply with a foreign transcript like this? Any reply = appreciate... thanks

It is not a problem. Have it evaluated using an evaluation service like www.ece.org.
 
Hi EngDentist, thanks for the reply🙂. I thought of using ece but I'm afraid they will translate 90-100 as A, 80-90 as B etc which will drag my GPA from 3.7 to 3.2 🙁 That's a huge difference! I've heard that ece has the history of lowing people's GPA. Any suggestions? Can I just send the bilingual transcripts with my own GPA translation?