Transcripts dilemma

Started by NewRx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NewRx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nova's application and transcript are due on January 4, 2008. I received my Falls grades this past Tuesday and could not ask for my transcript to be sent to PharmCAS by Wednesday as the school is closed for winter break. They reopen Jan 2, 2008. Nova already has my early transcripts and was waiting for falls grades.

The problem is, by the time PharmCAS receives my grades, the deadline would have passed. What should I do? Will this affect my application? Nova knows fully well that PharmCAS can take up to 4 weeks before releasing my grades. I'm worried. What should I do?
 
The January 4th deadline is talking about transcripts that do not include fall grade and the application. You send an updated transcript with your fall grades on there as soon as you get a chance.
 
The January 4th deadline is talking about transcripts that do not include fall grade and the application. You send an updated transcript with your fall grades on there as soon as you get a chance.

Thx for your reply. I e-submitted my Falls grades to PharmCAS yesterday. It seems I will have to wait until Jan 2, 2008 to ask for a request. Which means by the time it reaches PharmCAS (~4 days), then PharmCAS tabulated my updated gpa, then Nova to receive my grades, it may be two to three weeks. I hope Nova understands that.
 
This isn't directed personally toward you NewRx.🙂

A good strategy anyone else can use if applicable is to ask for the transcripts ahead of the final release. Some schools allow for this through an option on the form where you designate that the transcripts are set out immediately and only after all grades are in. That way, it gets sent out quicker.

Also, some schools do have an option for expedited delivery (FedEx) for an additional fee. My school had this but never really advertised it so it doesn't hurt to ask.