Transcripts

Started by gkiley1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gkiley1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right out of high school I went to a local JC for a semester and I received 3 D's and a C. That was 5 yrs ago and I have not been back to that school yet. Since then my GPA has been very good. Do I have to request the JC transcripts when applying?
 
Yeah I have the same situation. I had bad grades at first, but I took a couple of years off and my grades have now been excellent. I have heard that adcoms like to see improvement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a friend who wants to apply into a program but in addition to the posters above, she also owes money to her old college so she can't get her transcripts and has to apply as a freshmen.

Anyone know if you can do that? Or do you have to pay off the old tab to apply to a new university.
 
J Lucas said:
I have a friend who wants to apply into a program but in addition to the posters above, she also owes money to her old college so she can't get her transcripts and has to apply as a freshmen.

Anyone know if you can do that? Or do you have to pay off the old tab to apply to a new university.


Since she's going to probably need transcripts regardless I'm sure she'll have to pay her tab at her old college.