1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Transcripts

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dentaldunk, May 27, 2008.

1. dentaldunk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So after I've put in requests to my schools to send transcripts in what do I do ? Do I wait until they're received and then where do I go from there?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. litldime

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What I did was I kept checking with my school to see when they sent them out. I asked them for the date. Then I waited for aadsas to put it on their website. Aaadsas will indicate what day they received it under your account. You have to manually enter all grades and aadsas will use the transcripts they have received to verify them. Remember, they want a transcript from each of the schools.

Hope this helps.

4. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you've submitted already and requested transcripts there is not much you can do now. As mentioned above, keep an eye out for AADSAS to mark when they actually make it to AADSAS, and marked received on the web site. AADSAS actually lost one of my transcripts for a few weeks, so it was good that I was on top of it, and called to make them aware of that fact.

Besides that, send in all the checks and photos to the schools that want them now. There may even be a few schools that will let you send in a secondary already (UNLV had it ready to download early last cycle).

5. dentaldunk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks mucho for the help guys. nope i haven't sent it in just yet but what confuses me most is when you have to put down your course work do you put in credits attempted as shown on your transcript or do you have to convert it somehow? also my school UCI uses a A+/A/A- system so would that be the same on the aadsas grade? so if i got an A+ at my school would the aadsas grade be A+? And if that states 4.0 creds on my transcript is that 4.0 creds then?

Sorry for shotgunning the questions but yeah it's not like fillin out a magazine subscription! HAHA any help would be much appreciated!!

6. litldime

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Put the grades down as you see them on your transcript. Last I remember, you have to imput your grades twice. Aadsas calculates grades with the +/- and without. You will imput them as they appear on your transcript and if I am not mistaken, you will have to imput them again taking away the +/-. Might want to verify that.

Basically when aadsas verifies your grades, there will be 2 columns showing 2 gpas. One with the +/- gpa(will look like your transcript) and one without.

The credits don't change. If the class was 4 credits, enter in 4 credits on aadsas and so on.
    HTH