Transfer Acceptance rate?

Started by Maali
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maali

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to take prereqs at a CC and transfer to LUC ( Loyola University Chicago). I got accepted but w/out any scholarships it was too expensive. I'm going to finish 2 years at CC and transfer and I'm pretty confident I'll get accepted. I just would like to know the transfer acceptance rate because I couldn't find anything online about it.
 
You just said you got accepted and you're wondering if you'll get accepted again in two years? As long as your don't royally screw up you'll get in. Maybe I missed something?

Also, you'll hardly get any scholarships. If you can't afford it now you probably won't be able to afford it later. You can bet on the tuition of private schools rising at least $1000 a year. Mine rose $1500 and that was the smallest increase in seven years.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would you plan to attend a private school for even a semester if you can't afford it? Why pay 18 grand a semester in tuition? 😱
 
Have you considered transferring to a public state school? You can get into med school just as easily from a public school as you can from a private one, and you'd save yourself a fortune.
 
Yea it's not that I can't afford it as my parents are well off it's because I chose not to because I didn't want to waste 33k a year on general education classes. That's why I'm planning to transfer as a junior. Also they do give transfer students with high GPA's 10k a year and LUC gives away money like it's nothing. My High school grades weren't that great, that's why I didn't receive any scholarships as a freshman. And yes I will apply to some public schools but I really like Loyola so I don't know. Who knows where I'll end up in 2 years anyway.
 
Last edited:
If you do really really well in CC, you can transfer up to some better private universities who may provide enough need based aid.

Here are some transfer acceptance rates for a bunch of unis, but i dont think loyola is in there.

http://transferweb.com/stats/transfer-acceptance-rates/#.UgL_C5JkxAM



Edit: and here is the transfer stats for loyola

http://www.collegetransfer.net/LoyolaUniversityChicago/TransferProfile/tabid/145/Default.aspx

55%, so very doable.

Wow, thanks a ton for the information you looked up, it's really helpful.