Transfer Advice (911)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anjelicad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some serious advice about a transfer as an Undergrad.

I currently attend a State school in Indiana, and can't stand it there. I hate everything about this school and the town it?s in. The pre-med program is "Rural Health" oriented, and that's not really what I'm trying to focus on. I really want to transfer, but I would love some suggestions of schools to look at as possibilities. I would prefer to go out of state. Right now I'm looking at WUSTL and JHU, but from what I hear these are hard schools to transfer into, but I would be a second year applicant to both these schools so I don?t know if it would make a difference. I have a 3.8 gpa, and I?m very active in school, do research, and have one great academic year under my belt. I'm also considering UMD-College Park. Do these schools or any schools you may have in mind have something more to offer Pre-med wise? I really just want to go to a much better school with a name, and a kick ass pre-med program. I would love some feedback

Members don't see this ad.

i personally know of someone that transferred from wustl to jhu his soph year. it happens. you seem like a decent candidate, wont hurt to try.

anjelicad said:
I currently attend a State school in Indiana,

I feel for you!!! I went all 4 years at a state school in Indiana...I would have loved to transfer...but could not bear to give up my free ride because of my at the time inability to get financial aid. I loathe the area (including the medical school here) so much that, as a resident, I am not even applying to IUMed school.

P.S. Good luck with your transfer!