TRANSFER COLLEGES: 2 GPAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shalom12345

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you spend a few semesters at one college and decide to finish up at another, you technically have two cumulative GPAs.

When applying to medical school, how does that work? Is there a space to write both of your cumulative GPAs? Or do they somehow combine them into one, single cumulative GPA on the application?

Members don't see this ad.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

If you spend a few semesters at one college and decide to finish up at another, you technically have two cumulative GPAs.

The AMCAS cGPA takes into account all undergraduate coursework, regardless of where you did it.

Source: I took college classes in high school and they were included in my AMCAS cGPA.

Have a good night.

Ah ok thanks.

So really when your referring to your "GPA" it may be very different on AMCAS and maybe even higher than the one you have because they combine every course and from every college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah ok thanks.

So really when your referring to your "GPA" it may be very different on AMCAS and maybe even higher than the one you have because they combine every course and from every college.

Yes. The AMCAS GPAs may vary if you have taken courses at several institutions, are transferring, took classes in high school, etc.