Transfer Credit - Transcript needed???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whlee84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a summer course at Stony Brook University for Physics credit. It shows on my official transcript that I got the credit from Stony, but do I still need an official transcript from Stony Brook University along with my home college?

It was a transfer credit, and the grade in the summer course does NOT get counted on my GPA, as per my college policy.

Should I send to AADSAS an official transcript for that one summer class from Stony Brook, or is it good enough that it shows up on my home college official transcript??

Members don't see this ad.

I took a summer course at Stony Brook University for Physics credit. It shows on my official transcript that I got the credit from Stony, but do I still need an official transcript from Stony Brook University along with my home college?

It was a transfer credit, and the grade in the summer course does NOT get counted on my GPA, as per my college policy.

Should I send to AADSAS an official transcript for that one summer class from Stony Brook, or is it good enough that it shows up on my home college official transcript??

if i am not mistaken. AADSAS wants all transcripts from all the CC/universities you have been to.

like you said. the transfer credit didnt count towards your home college's gpa, but it will count towards your AADSAS gpa. AADSAS will calculate their gpa from all the classes you have taken from all the CC/universities.

if i am not mistaken. AADSAS wants all transcripts from all the CC/universities you have been to.

like you said. the transfer credit didnt count towards your home college's gpa, but it will count towards your AADSAS gpa. AADSAS will calculate their gpa from all the classes you have taken from all the CC/universities.

You're right. AADSAS does want all transcripts from any post secondary institutions you ever attended.

Send it from the school you took it at. If it turns out unecessary, you'll lose a few dollars. If it turns out necessary and you don't, you stand to lose valuable weeks during transcript verification time.