Transfer Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My college is semester-based. I took a course at a quarter-based school over the summer, and transferred the credit back to my college. I took a 4-credit course during the summer, and on my college transcript it says 2.67 credits for that course. On TMDSAS, do I report 4 or 2.67 for the course?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My college is semester-based. I took a course at a quarter-based school over the summer, and transferred the credit back to my college. I took a 4-credit course during the summer, and on my college transcript it says 2.67 credits for that course. On TMDSAS, do I report 4 or 2.67 for the course?

Thanks.

2.67 credit. Always follow official transcript.

You did mention it's a quarter-based school. So maybe their 4-credit is based on a 24 credit/year as opposed to the traditional 16 credit. 4/24 would equal 2.67/16 credits.
The word "credits" don't really "transfer" among schools and is not synonymous. At my school, each class is 1 credit (but this equates to 4 "traditional" credits)

But on the official transcript for the college that I took the summer course at, it says 4.0... still go with my college's official transcript?