1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer credits on Application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rpames, Aug 29, 2002.

1. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    After my freshman year, I transfered to another universtiy. On the AMCAS application it states that you must enter all grades that are on your offical transcripts. I have already entered the grades from my first school, but I'm not sure if I need to enter the classes again because they appear as transfer credits at my second school. I received credit for them all, but they are not used in calculation of my GPA here.

Do I need to enter them again?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blues

blues Member
    7+ Year Member

I transfered my 2nd year. I did not reinput the classes form my second transcript. AMCAS had no problems with that when they were verifying it. But, my college didn't list all the transfer credit separately, only as a block ---> 130 Units Transferred from X.

Hope that helps!

Blues

4. spanky

spanky Member
    7+ Year Member

I took a couple of classes one summer at a community college that was affilliated with the state university that I attended full time during the fall and spring semesters. These credits appear as transfer credits on the transcript from the state university that I graduated from. Is it necessary to request a transcript from the community college for amcas even though they are included on the state university transcript??

Anyone have any ideas????

spanky

5. blues

blues Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Spanky,

I took some summer classes at another college also, in addition to transferring. They are listed as transfer credits on my transcripts also. I had to register that college and those classes separately. Plus send in the transcripts!

Blues