Transfer dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor PJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what are the possibilities of going to a dental school for a year and transferring out to another one w/ of course a gpa of 3.5 in dental school. is it a easy process or is it difficult to do between schools. thanks ;)

Members don't see this ad.

it's rather difficult. it's been done, but the coursework is in different sequences at different schools, and they have to have a spot available.

Doctor PJ said:
I was wondering what are the possibilities of going to a dental school for a year and transferring out to another one w/ of course a gpa of 3.5 in dental school. is it a easy process or is it difficult to do between schools. thanks ;)
Are you in d-school now as a D1?

Members don't see this ad :)
no but i will this year in tennessee, rather be close to home such as uf or nova :(

Doctor PJ said:
no but i will this year in tennessee, rather be close to home such as uf or nova :(
Okiedokie, then you should look up the transfer policy for UF and Nova. Each school is different -- like the school I will be going to next year does not allow transfer students.

It is impossible to transfer to Nova because they do not accept transfers

It is near impossible to transfer into UF because a student must drop out from that class. And should a student drop out there are usually 6 or so applicants wanting that spot. So you need a gleaming letter of rec from the dean in your current school and if you don't get into UF then the school you are at may not like you so much anymore.

How do I know this, I have 10 family members ( bros, sis, cousins, etc) either in dental school or fresh out (2 years out is the oldest one). And I think I have seen a lot from them.

Stick where you are, it will be a lot easier!