Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

transfer financial aid from one school to another?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cjt615, May 21, 2002.

  1. cjt615

    cjt615 Member
    7+ Year Member

    Mar 11, 2002
    Likes Received:
    I just got into my top choice from the waitlist. I have already signed promissory notes and all that for the school in which I was already holding a place. How do I switch the aid to the new school? Do I need to cancel the loans and re-establish them with the new school or is there a way to transfer them? I already included the new school on my Fafsa. Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. trouta

    trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Apr 3, 2002
    Likes Received:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I dont think you can straight up transfer your loans. I am pretty sure that you need to reapply for financial aid at your new school and deal with them about the new loans. As for those which you have already signed for, the school you are withdrawing from should take care of those.

    I had this same question earlier and these are the impressions I got. The best thing to do though is call the financial aid office at your new school and tell them your story. They WILL be able to help.

Share This Page