Transfer options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PoBoy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...

I am currently a PGY-1 at a 3 year EM program, but am having my doubts as to whether I fit into the EM world. I considered Anesthesiology while I was a med student, but EM won out. I know that it is pretty late in the year already (with Match in the rear view mirror already), but I wanted to find out from all of you what the possibilities of transfering into Anesthesiology would be at this point.

Would I be able to use my current year as an internship, or would I have to start the whole process all over again?
Are there even any positions available as a PGY-2, and where would I go about finding a list of available positions?

I searched the forum and found some answers to my questions, but would appreciate your help further.

Members don't see this ad.

You could probably use your internship, but that's best answered by program directors.

It is very late at this point, but possibly not too late. Send a CV and cover letter explaining your situation to EVERY anesthesia program in the country and see what happens.

Good luck.