Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Transfer options

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by PoBoy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. PoBoy

PoBoy Junior Member

So...

I am currently a PGY-1 at a 3 year EM program, but am having my doubts as to whether I fit into the EM world. I considered Anesthesiology while I was a med student, but EM won out. I know that it is pretty late in the year already (with Match in the rear view mirror already), but I wanted to find out from all of you what the possibilities of transfering into Anesthesiology would be at this point.

Would I be able to use my current year as an internship, or would I have to start the whole process all over again?
    Are there even any positions available as a PGY-2, and where would I go about finding a list of available positions?

I searched the forum and found some answers to my questions, but would appreciate your help further.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bubalus

bubalus Member

You could probably use your internship, but that's best answered by program directors.

It is very late at this point, but possibly not too late. Send a CV and cover letter explaining your situation to EVERY anesthesia program in the country and see what happens.

Good luck.