Transfer PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samanthah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a 1st year physical therapy student. I have run into some serious financial problems and family problems. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer schools in this type of program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a 1st year physical therapy student. I have run into some serious financial problems and family problems. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer schools in this type of program? Thanks!

I imagine the answer is no, but I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask the school you wanted to transfer to. Programs are structured very differently, which would make it nearly impossible to move from one to the other without missing something. You could, however, apply somewhere else and start over again. Alternatively, you may have some options at the school you are at. Deferment/leave of absence may be possible if you have truly extenuating circumstances, and you could start up again with the next year's class. Also, have you asked for input from an advisor or chair in your program? That's probably the best place to start.