Transfer PT schools

Started by samanthah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samanthah

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a 1st year physical therapy student. I have run into some serious financial problems and family problems. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer schools in this type of program? Thanks!
 
I am currently a 1st year physical therapy student. I have run into some serious financial problems and family problems. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer schools in this type of program? Thanks!

I imagine the answer is no, but I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask the school you wanted to transfer to. Programs are structured very differently, which would make it nearly impossible to move from one to the other without missing something. You could, however, apply somewhere else and start over again. Alternatively, you may have some options at the school you are at. Deferment/leave of absence may be possible if you have truly extenuating circumstances, and you could start up again with the next year's class. Also, have you asked for input from an advisor or chair in your program? That's probably the best place to start.