transfer residency from US to Canada

Started by hzma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hzma

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
How hard is it to transfer to a Canadian residency program, from a US one?
this is for pathology?
thanks!
 
I presume if you're American that'd mean 2nd iteration... and there actually have been path spots open for 2nd iteration... I think usually MUN... but might be worth looking into... in addition to the aforementioned issue of funding.
 
I know of at least one person who has done this, in general surgery. No clue how she technically worked out all of the details, but it has been done.