Transfer Students?

Started by nnamdi67
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nnamdi67

astigmatic future OD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever heard of someone transfering from one school to another after one year?
 
nnamdi67 said:
Has anyone ever heard of someone transfering from one school to another after one year?

An optometrist I shadowed did this, transferring from Berkeley to SCCO after her second year due to a family illness. This was a while ago (at least 15 years ago) and she said it happens very rarely and only with a good reason. She made it seem like "not liking" the school you're at probably isn't reason enough.
 
nnamdi67 said:
Has anyone ever heard of someone transfering from one school to another after one year?
One of my classmates transferred from PUCO to UCBSO after his first year. This was in 1993. I know the dean of PUCO at the time (Les Walls, I think) was not happy and made it sound like it would be difficult, but my classmate said it was really not that hard. He was a sharp student, and won the top honor at our alumni awards dinner, so I am sure that made it easier for him to do it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An ICO student transfered to SUNY last year. It was between 1st year & 2nd year. I don't know anything else about the move.