Transfer to Caribbean school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who wish to transfer to a Caribbean school, during what year will they be able to do the classes and clinicals in the US? Are all the Caribbean schools the same, that they start in the US during 3rd year?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Peeshee said:
For those who wish to transfer to a Caribbean school, during what year will they be able to do the classes and clinicals in the US? Are all the Caribbean schools the same, that they start in the US during 3rd year?
Thank you

I can't speak much for schools other than SGU but as far as St. George's is concerned they generally won't accept transfers. Those very few who do usually have to repeat a lot of classes or start out from the beginning. SGU doesn't accept transfers into the third year at all.

A good friend of mine, started out at a school in Santo Domingo, and then transferred to SABA mid-way through med school. Did all of his rotations in Chicago AND graduated from SABA (he told me that he has never been to SABA). But I do not know about ROSS or AUC though

A good friend of mine, started out at a school in Santo Domingo, and then transferred to SABA mid-way through med school. Did all of his rotations in Chicago AND graduated from SABA (he told me that he has never been to SABA). But I do not know about ROSS or AUC though

He graduated from Saba, a 50-States Approval school, but is he eligible to practice in 50 states or seek Residency anywhere in U.S.? He took classes at Santo Domingo, so will CA and however many other states never license him?