Transfer undergrad schools...again?

Started by Anon12345
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anon12345

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My position: I just transferred this year to U.C. Berkeley as Junior from a state school, where I had a 3.89 GPA. Once at Berkeley (this summer), I decided to take a couple of classes, specifically o-chem, which I was behind on taking. Unfortunately, I didn't receive financial aid for the summer due to some technicalities, so I needed to work (I own a small business) while attending classes...and take care of my daughter part-time. I just got my grades back today and here they are; .5 PE class A, o-chem lab 2 units A, o-chem lecture 3 units C+. So here are my questions:

1. Would it be beneficial for me to transfer to an easier school to maintain a higher GPA?

2. Should I retake the o-chem lecture?

3. Do med-schools take undergraduate university difficulty into consideration?

Oh, and yes, I am 24, have lots of work experience, not much research/volunteering experience, and I'm a part-time dad of a 5 year-old.

Thank you.
 
My position: I just transferred this year to U.C. Berkeley as Junior from a state school, where I had a 3.89 GPA. Once at Berkeley (this summer), I decided to take a couple of classes, specifically o-chem, which I was behind on taking. Unfortunately, I didn't receive financial aid for the summer due to some technicalities, so I needed to work (I own a small business) while attending classes...and take care of my daughter part-time. I just got my grades back today and here they are; .5 PE class A, o-chem lab 2 units A, o-chem lecture 3 units C+.

Oh, and yes, I am 24, have lots of work experience, not much research/volunteering experience, and I'm a part-time dad of a 5 year-old.
The answer to all your questions is no. 🙂 The C+ will pull you down some, but on 3.89 it'll barely make a dent.

I assume you have to take O Chem 2- do better than a C+ in that and no one will likely raise an eyebrow.