Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX365

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working for CVS about 1 year in a small town( north of CA)which they are short for pharmacist. My friend in CVS told me there is going to be an opening in 2 month in the LA and I am going to transfer. Should I talk to my supervisor about it? Is he going to be upset and make me to quit? He is not a very nice person. Should I just apply and not say anything to him. Help me please!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can go on the hr website and chat with them about the specifics of the policy. From what I remember you are supposed to talk to your supervisor first.

I have transferred CVS stores but I'm only a technician so I'm sure that might make it slightly easier. It was a while ago but I believe there was something on the HR website that I had to complete to initiate the transfer. I would mention it to your supervisor though because they will find out about it eventually. Better to hear it from you than from someone else. It is my understanding that they can't prevent you from transferring stores so don't let fear of retaliation prevent you from doing it. Speak with HR and they should be able to advise you of the entire process.

@RX365. I plan to transfer in near future. Please update the process how you are transferring. I appreciate that.